I spent the month of January having fun working on an original book to give to my granddaughter, Madeline, on her upcoming first birthday, May 14. I used applique for most of the creatures and added a bit of background here and there with inktense pencils. I was especially pleased with my red cardinal made with inktense pencils.. I was not pleased with the fusible interfacing I used so if advising anyone, I would suggest backing the pages with a sew-in-interfacing. I used Avery printable fabric sheets to print the text. To hold the book together I made two sets of eyelets through each page and laced it together with cord.